Professional DJ or Playlist?
Everyone knows that music can make or break the reception.
But with all of the expenses that come with planning a wedding, should you skip the DJ and make your own playlist? Here are out top 5 reasons why you should leave the music to the professionals.
1. DJs can read the crowd and will often act as the MC.
Professional DJs have the experience in knowing how to read the crowd and keep the party going. Your DJ will take care of the announcements and ensure people get on the dance floor at the right time. They are also dependable and know how to communicate with your guests.
2. Lots and lots of song choices.
Your DJ will have thousands of different songs in any genre you want. If they don’t have a particular version of your favourite song, ask them to get it for you. Their endless song options will ensure everyone is dancing and having a good time.
3. Professional DJs are licensed.
Did you know that you need a license to play music? Without one you could be breaking copyright laws and run the risk of hefty fines.
4. Professional equipment and a great sound.
Your DJ will arrive with a great sound system. Because this is their job they will be able to troubleshoot any technical difficulties should they happen.
5. They will set up and take down.
Weddings are stressful enough. The less you have to worry about the better. Your DJ will arrive early to make sure everything is set up and ready to go before you are even on your way to the reception hall
While we recommend hiring a professional DJ, making your own playlist may still be an option.
1. If you are having a small wedding. The intimacy of a small wedding (think 20-30 people) might be lost with a DJ.
2. Your budget just doesn’t allow for it. Wedding expenses add up quickly! Just make sure to factor in the cost of renting any necessary equipment when you’re budgeting. If you are still leaning toward hiring a DJ, ask them if you can save some money if you skip the lights, dry ice, etc. and just stick with the essentials.
Whatever your choice is, a professional DJ or a playlist, make sure you have a great mix of music that encourages your guests to get on the dance floor and have some fun!